Dietitians Week runs from 20th -24th June to help raise the voice and visibility of Dietitians and show the value and impact they make every day.
These are the key messages to share this Dietitians Week:
- Dietitians and the dietetic workforce make a vital contribution to health across many different specialisms and healthcare settings
- There is no ‘average’ Dietitian
- Those working in the dietetic profession provide care and support for patients with long term and chronic conditions, as well as playing a significant role in prevention and public health
- Dietitians and the dietetic workforce support patients at every life stage from paediatric to older people and everything in between
- Through evidence-based research Dietitians and the dietetic workforce contribute to our understanding of health conditions and health improvement
- There is greater understanding of how Dietitians and the dietetic workforce contribute to patient and population health but there’s still a long way to go